Enjoy this spicy, refreshing, and hydrating homemade lemonade. It's made with fresh ingredients and has no sweetener added!
Lovely, you'll appreciate this refreshing and energizing home lemonade made with lime, ginger, and fresh mint. 3 ingredients to offer you the zing, zesty and
Summer is proving to be very hot. Here in Europe, we are experiencing the 2nd heatwave! The best time to hydrate ourselves with this nutrient-dense, freshly homemade ginger-mint lemonade.
The best thing about this lemonade is that it's made with fresh ingredients and is very healthy. No sugar or syrup is added, making this ginger-mint lemonade fit for weight loss.
For those with diabetes, use fewer grapes or omit them altogether.
This lemonade is particularly rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps fight pathogens and is a powerful antioxidant. We definitely need this vitamin now that we have high picks of Covid19!
Tip to make this ginger lemonade
I love using whole ingredients and filtering the juice after that.
- Store all ingredients in the fridge before blending to have a cool drink.
- Use a high-speed blender.
- Roll the lime/lemon on your working surface to get the most juice. The pressure will release the juice from the pulp.
- Peel lime or lemons by running a knife between the flesh and the skin. Cut the flesh into pieces before adding them to the blender.
- Filter the mix using a fine strainer mesh to remove the fibrous residue. Use a spoon to press out more juice from the residue.
- It's okay to let some fine fiber go through the mesh.
- See the recipe card for the full recipe.
- I've found that the lemonade changes its green color when stored in the fridge for later.
I shared this lemonade with my neighbors, who appreciated it. They said it was pretty good, refreshing with a zesty flavor.
I hope you will enjoy it and get all the health benefits. I am looking forward to your reviews.
You have the power of healing yourself, Githu.
You might like these homemade juices.
- Beetroot juice for cleansing your liver
- Fresh grapefruit juice with hibiscus
- Celery juice with kale stems
Homemade refreshing ginger lemonade
- a piece of ginger, depending on your liking
- 1 lime or lemon
- 1 medium English cucumber
- some fresh mint leaves
- a few green grapes to sweeten
- 2 cups filtered cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Clean the first 5 ingredients
- Chop the ginger and cucumber into pieces
- Press as you roll the lemon on the chopping board to release the juice from the pulps
- Peel the lime/lemon by running a knife between the peel and the flesh. Cut the flesh into pieces.
- Put all the ingredients (apart from the ice cubes) in a high-speed blender and blend at high speed for about 30-40 seconds.
- Place a mesh strainer on a big bowl
- Pour the mixture on a mesh strainer and use a spoon to move the residue around till all the lemonade is filtered
- Rinse the blender. Put the strained lemonade back in the blender together with the ice cubes and blend.
- Serve while still fresh. Add more ice cubes if it's very hot and top with some mint leaves (optional).
- Enjoy. Please share this lemonade recipe by pressing the sharing buttons. Thank you.