These savory gluten-free pancakes with zucchini are soft, delicious, and another way to eat zucchini. You've images to guide you in your cooking.
It's summer and you've lots of zucchini! let's eat veggies in pancakes form with these savory gluten-free zucchini pancakes! what do say about that?
We're kinda addicted to pancakes in this house, we say yes to pancakes all day long?
From breakfast, lunch to dinner pancakes have always been our way to go when we want simple yet healthy meals…
I love the simplicity of these savory gluten-free pancakes, the ingredients list is short but the outcome is really awesome…
These zucchini pancakes are super light, with lots of fiber and vitamins.
I use whole ingredients, so if you have a good highspeed blender then this zucchini pancakes recipe is very simple and easy.
Just zucchini and millet as the main ingredients, then you add spices, oil, and salt, voilà.
These savory gluten-free zucchini pancakes are totally vegan, they're a good way to make kids eat veggies while still enjoying very healthy pancakes.
I bought another bag of tomatoes and made another garlic & herb whole fried tomatoes soup and gal! these were so so delicious!
If you could see my daughter savoring on these zucchini pancakes served with tomatoes soup, then you'd understand how delicious they are...she told me "you should put them on your blog mum".
Do you have a lot of zucchini and tomatoes this summer, you've here a very versatile way to appreciate them together yet creating something original…
On my post on how to cook millet the best way, one of you asked me about millet being bitter, I did a research on this and yes millet can turn rancid due to long shelf life.
Personally, I experienced it when creating this recipe, it has taken me 2 months to have this end result which is soft in texture and delicious.
I had bought millet from my organic shop, but this time the millet was quite bitter. We could hardly enjoy my zucchini pancakes…
So, check the date on the package or ask questions if possible…
Otherwise, these savory gluten-free pancakes are delicious and we are making more of these since it's zucchini season lol.
I tried these pancakes with baby zucchini, but the zucchini flavor was so overwhelming, so I switched to medium zucchini and adding the spices made all the difference.
If you don't have or don't like spices, we've had these savory zucchini pancakes by just adding salt, vinegar, and bicarbonate to zucchini and millet and they were fantastic too.
Note, however, that these pancakes are savory, not sweet pancakes so you need a delicious stew to appreciate them...
Enjoy this zucchini pancakes recipe and especially with garlic homemade tomato soup, they are perfect. A new way to enjoy pancakes!
Enjoy your day, love yourself as you have never done before… on my part,
I love you, Githu.
Some more gluten-free pancakes
- Healthy pancakes with parsnip
- Perfect buckwheat pancakes made with applesauce
- Cornmeal pancakes
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
- Split pea oatmeal pancakes
- Mung bean vegan pancakes
Savory gluten-free pancakes with zucchini
- High speed blender
- Non sticking pan
Savory Flourless Zucchini Pancakes
- 1 cup tap water
- 2 cups finely diced zucchini
- 1 cup raw millet soaked
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (healthy oil of your choice)
Savory Flourless Zucchini Pancakes
- Soak your millet overnight or at least for 10 hours, rinse thoroughly & drain/ Or you can just rinse your dry millet
- Bring all the ingredients in your blender
- Blend till you get a smooth batter
- Let it stand for 20mins
- Blend again to mix up for 5 sec
- On a heated nonsticking pan, pour your batter using your serving spoon and cook at medium-high heat
- Don't pour too much batter, just a little at a time and don't spread it that much
- Let the batter cook till all bubbles have popped out
- Use a large spatula to turn the pancakes
- Enjoy your savory flourless zucchini pancakes, let me know how yours came out in comments
- I served mine with garlic herb fried tomatoes soup, they were so so delicious