This red cabbage salad is gorgeously colorful, light, crunchy, and refreshing with only 10mins preparation time. A healing & detox weight loss salad to enjoy any time.
Hi hi, how is life treating you? There are those recipes you toss together in a few minutes but the results skyrocket you to a little heaven!
Red cabbage salad with beets & oranges is made with shredded autumn veggies that give you this beautiful plate tossed together with an orange-lemon vinaigrette.
Add to that some great flavors from cilantro and dill.
This red cabbage salad is the best salad to prepare your body for the end of year holidays, and beyond. A perfect fat-burning salad recipe for weight loss.
Detoxifying & healing red cabbage salad
This red cabbage salad is loaded with vitamin C. Red cabbage is one of the top vitamin C food, a good source of iron, and vitamin K. Beets and oranges too will give you vitamin C.
Vitamin C is your immune system booster. THE VITAMIN that helps your body fight off diseases.
Red cabbage has phytonutrients that help in reducing chronic inflammation, and vitamin K will improve your bone health.
Beets will support your liver, helping in detoxification.
Add this red cabbage recipe to your weight loss menu.
How to make a red cabbage salad
Red cabbage alone might not be that much appetizing, but combining it with other sweet veggies you'll create a crunchy, tangy, delicious cabbage salad.
- Shredding the veggies especially the red cabbage makes it easy to chew and brings out most nutrients.
- Use carrot to make this red cabbage salad, carrots are sweet and add crunchiness
- Bring in some citrus fruits to create a tangy flavor, your red cabbage will be delicious. Adding citrus fruits on red cabbage will help in softening the cabbage.
- To maximize the taste make sure you make a sweet-sour vinaigrette using lemon and an orange, you can add some yogurt to make it creamy.
- Add fresh herbs, they come with healing benefits as well as adding flavor
How to store your red cabbage
Well, red cabbage, unlike the green cabbage, is hard to consume it all at once! I don't why.
While choosing your red cabbage, go for a small size. And if you are like me, you can't eat the whole head, only remove the leaves one by one and use them instead of cutting the cabbage into pieces.
By removing leaves, you reduce the loss of vitamin C that's sensitive to light and also you'll keep your cabbage for days without withering.
Wrap your cabbage in a kraft paper or a towel after making your red cabbage salad and store it in your fridge.
Choose your veggies well
I understand that you're busy and you can't go to a farmer's market every other day. But, if you can just spare a day in the week to buy your veggies from local farmers, you'll notice the difference in taste and flavors.
I noticed that carrots and beets, for example, can be tasteless in a salad depending on where you buy them from.
I hope you'll enjoy this delightful red cabbage salad with beets & oranges, your healing salad that will help you lose weight as well.
Let me know what choice you made in the comments below. Don't forget to pin and share this red cabbage salad.
As always, my love to you, Githu.
Check on these healthy salads too
- Red cabbage with pistachio
- Liver detox cleanse salad
- Raw mushroom with mustard
- Best potato salad
- Celery & grapefruit salad
- Romaine lettuce wraps
- Cauliflower rice
- cauliflower with smoked paprika roasted potatoes
Red cabbage salad with beets & oranges
- vegetable grater
Red cabbage salad
- ½ grated carrot (I used a purple carrot)
- ½ shredded red cabbage
- ½ grated beetroot
- 1 sliced orange
- ½ cilantro leaves
- dill & chives (optional)
- 1 small size orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Squeeze the orange after cleaning it to have the juice (about 2 tbsp)
- squeeze the lemon after cleaning it to have the lemon juice (roughly 1tbsp)
- Add all the ingredients in a small bowl or a jar mix/shake well
Red cabbage salad
- Put all the veggies in a bowl without overly mixing them
- Add the oranges and herbs sparingly
- Drizzle the orange vinaigrette all over the salad
- Toss lightly and serve
- Serve a huge portion as a meal if you're trying to lose weight
- Thank you for pinning and sharing this recipe with your friends on Facebook. Kiss😘