Enjoy these perfect buckwheat pancakes made with applesauce for a delicious pancake breakfast. These easy to make fluffy buckwheat pancakes are vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free made with delicious homemade cinnamon applesauce.
Hi lovely, give yourself a beautiful self loving valentine's day.
Buckwheat pancakes should be part your pancake breakfast, I am not kidding, they are healthy and easy to make. I made these pancakes in the morning for my kids, to tell you how easy they are to make.
These perfect buckwheat pancakes made with applesauce are not only anti-inflammatory but are also perfect for weight loss.
Let's twist the classic buckwheat pancakes with a fruity touch, shall we? We're adding homemade applesauce spiced with cinnamon. You have never tried homemade applesauce? OMG, what are you waiting for? Just kidding but you real-l-ly have to give it a thought!
Homemade applesauce is tasty, healthy and budget-friendly. For instance, I bought organic applesauce for 5€/kilo and that wasn't enough to validate this recipe so I'd to go for more and gal, these buckwheat pancakes with applesauce were turning out to be expensive.
But, for 2€ I made almost 2kg of homemade applesauce, lol.
" Psst! tell me, I don't know what is buckwheat"
What is buckwheat?
Buckwheat seems to have taken roots in Asia, especially in China then it spread to Europe and Russia.
You might think of it as a cereal but actually, buckwheat is a fruit seed from the same family as rhubarb. It's gluten-free making it a good substitute for grains.
It's almost the same size as wheat but has a triangular shape. Buckwheat groats are sold either raw or roasted.
What are the health benefits of buckwheat?
- Buckwheat is high in minerals like Manganese, copper, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- It's a good source of good healthy proteins and it contains all amino acids.
- Buckwheat has beneficial effects on the prevention of diseases, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases,
- It regulates hypertension, inhibits tumors, reduces inflammation as well as controlling diabetes among other health benefits.
Are buckwheat pancakes healthy?
Absolutely, these buckwheat pancakes are gluten-free, vegan, & sugar-free using only whole ingredients.
The homemade applesauce has no sugar either. I sweetened these pancakes with raisins which have low Glycemic Index. Raisins also have antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation.
How to make buckwheat pancakes with homemade applesauce
- You need to make your homemade applesauce in advance, let's say a day before. Or use a store-bought.
- Blend 2 cups of buckwheat groats in your high-speed blender to get flour,
- Empty the blender and blend the raisins with the wet ingredients,
- In a large bowl mix both the wet and the dry ingredients to make a thick batter
- Cook your buckwheat pancakes. A nonsticking pan will work better for this recipe.
- If your pancakes turn black too fast, then you're cooking on high heat, reduce that heat!
Homemade applesauce troubleshooting
Different applesauce will yield different moisture to the pancakes. Homemade applesauce might be thicker than store-bought, so check on the thickness of the batter.
If you scoop it with difficulty then add some little milk, but don't make a running batter though.
Choice of milk for making buckwheat pancakes
I don't use dairy, so I made several times this buckwheat recipe with soy milk, mostly because it's the most affordable and because I am not fun of almond or rice milk found here because they add so many ingredients to thicken the milk.
However, today I made these pancakes recipe with coconut milk. The difference between the soy and coconut pancakes is so phenomenal. My daughter savored these buckwheat pancakes and couldn't stop complimenting how delicious they are.
Coconut milk yielded more fluffy and soft pancakes than soy milk. This is mostly because of the fat content in coconut milk.
How to store these buckwheat pancakes
If you have a large kitchen cloth, wrap your buckwheat pancakes and slide them in a freezing bag. You can leave them on your kitchen counter if you're eating them that very day.
Otherwise, store them in the fridge for 3-4 days, but note that the texture will not be the same as freshly made buckwheat pancakes.
That's it, you now have a fluffy buckwheat pancake with homemade applesauce recipe to add to your pancakes breakfast.
Is buckwheat something you cook with or it's totally new to you? Leave a comment here below. Please do share this recipe with your friends, Pin it on vegan &/or gluten-free Pinterest boards. Thank you in advance.
Giving you my love, Githu.
Don't go without checking these other healthy pancakes
- Cornmeal pancakes with apple relish
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
- Vegan chickpea pancakes
- Gluten-free buckwheat groats pancakes
- Buckwheat pancakes with homemade applesauce
- Delicious healthy pancakes with parsnip
- Split pea oatmeal pancakes
- Mung bean vegan pancakes
Perfect buckwheat pancakes made with applesauce
- A big bowl
- Nonsticky pan
- A spatula
- 1 cup homemade applesauce or store-bought
- 2 cups buckwheat groats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tin yogurt (90g)
- 1 cup milk (I use plant-based)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Put the buckwheat groats in your blender and blend into flour
- Pour the flour into a big bowl
- Put the raisins with the wet ingredients in the blender and blend into a smoothie
- Add salt and baking powder to the flour & mix
- Pour ½ of the smoothie on the buckwheat flour and using a spatula mix slowly
- Pour the rest of the smoothie and mix all ingredients into a thick batter
- Using a ½ or ¾ measuring cup, scoop the batter and pour it on a heating pan, use the base of the cup to spread the batter
- Cook your buckwheat pancakes on moderate heat
- Top your pancakes as you desire but make healthy choices
- Thank you for pinning this recipe don't forget to share with your family & friend on Facebook.