Appreciate the tenderness of this mushroom salad with Dijon mustard. I mixture of flavors and textures that will assure you a delightful healthy salad...
I find this song fitting our situation where we, somehow curse our bodies because we believe that they've turned against themselves as it's so said in cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis. You even sometimes consider your body as a traitor!! You might have even lost trust!!
Today, I want you to give some love to your body. It spends a hell of
Yes, "it can't go on without you", it needs you to nurture it with nutritious healthy food and tender love….
You've here some natural medicine in this mushroom salad with Dijon mustard seeds, and all you need is to enjoy it as you cuddle yourself…
One thing that we forget mostly when we're ill and especially with RA that can be so painful and we've been told will never heal, is self-love.
The pain makes things worse, you fake smiles just because you want to hide your suffering from others, you feel lonely even inside yourself. You are eaten up by confusion not always understanding how you got into this point.
You look at your body and you flood it with judgments!
Believe me, loving yourself will take you to the road of healing. Just taking time to acknowledge that; yes you are suffering but you are not the pain. You're not the body neither but rather you're living in that body.
Understand that your disease didn't start in a day, but a process where your body tried hard to maintain it at a low level till it couldn't control it anymore, but it's constantly trying to manage it.
When you realize that your RA might be a cause of pathogens that have taken you as their host, then I believe you can comprehend that your body is constantly under attack and it has to do a lot to protect itself.
I've learned that the more you think of something, the more it occupies your day and mind, the more it magnifies and eventually, it materializes,(becomes real).
Love yourself, be compassionate with yourself, don't be hard with your body. Learn to accept that you have RA, I know this can be hard but accepting it will help you focus on helping your body to heal.
Every morning, when you look at yourself in your mirror, instead of throwing a judgment, say good morning. Say I love you and you are awesomely great! Say thank you, for trying so hard.
In my case, I don't say I am sick anymore, but instead, I say, "I am healing, am going to help you heal even more today" I talk to my body. Talk to yours in a positive way.
Just type Marvin Gay, baby I need your loving on Youtube. I love the version he sung with Kim Weston way back in 1965
For the mushroom recipe, I know it might not be easy to do all the chopping if you're in much pain, but what if that, that's the ONLY medicine you have! Go slowly, mushrooms are soft so don't worry, and imagine me there, holding your knife for you.
I believe in you, am sure you'll make it. Each day it's a baby step that will lead you to healing.
I love you, love yourself as well. Githu.
Mushroom salad with Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- piece of ginger
- 2 small red onoins
- piece of black radish
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- some fresh young sorrel leaves
- 1 tbsp masturd seeds (canned)
- pint of salt
- 1 tbsp Cold pressed olive oil
- Chop garlic and ginger so finely and put them into your salad bowl.
- Cut the red onions into the size you desire, add them to the bowl.
- Clean the sorrel leaves and tap dry them using a kitchen towel or paper and set them aside.
- Slice the black radish, you can chop it finely if like it that way. Add it into the salad bowl.
- Using a kitchen towel or paper, wipe your mushrooms to remove any soil. Or slightly clean them with water and then tap dry them. Please don't soak your mushrooms into the water.
- Chop them as you can manage and add them to the other ingredients.
- Cut your lemon into halves, squeeze one half on the salad especially on mushrooms.
- The other half, try to cut it into sliced that you can easily chew, (optional).
- Add the sorrel leaves. If your leaves are big, cut them. The stems are edible as well.
- Add the mustard seeds, salt, and oil.
- Gently fold everything together into a Raw Mushroom-Sorrel salad with mustard seeds
- Enjoy as you help yourself heal.