This grated vegetable galette recipe is the easiest and quickest you could ever make, It's creamy and spicy making it the most delicious galette recipe. Follow the step by step images and you're done in a few!
Have you ever made a pie or galette, and your kids only ate the crust and you were left with all the veggies in the plates? This grated vegetable galette recipe will ensure that all vegetables are finished without any whining.
Vegetable galette recipe is a savory tart. I tend to think of it this way, You want to make a pizza, but you can't even dare to venture on that territory... too challenging!
Or you want to make flatbreads aka tortilla, aka chapatis, but they are time-consuming. They'll require a lot of energy, plus you've to stand by the cooker throughout the cooking.
That's when I knock at your door with a vegan vegetable galette lol!
Galettes are an easy way to eat healthy pies at dinner, with less work.
This vegetable galette is super-duper easy to make, quick. There's more... if you're using the gluten-free homemade flour, then this beast is easy to tame.
" What are the best vegetables to make galette recipe? "
Well, I went for the readily available veggies here since it's fall. I also chose those that are easy and simple to cook and are kid-friendly.
- Zucchini, and
- Sweet potato.
But you can add more or use what is available in your local markets.
You are a winner if you've got a food processor, you just throw the veggies in the machine, and they're grated before you even blink your left eye hahaha.
" Do I need some sauce? "
Yes, to hold these guys together and to add more flavor and deliciousness.
Have you given a thought at this creamy green banana sauce that I shared with you? It works perfectly in this recipe to bind these grated veggies.
It also adds creaminess, which will make this vegan galette recipe your family's favorite.
However, choose a thick cream that can hold well.
So, how do I make this grated vegetable galette recipe?
Slightly cook your grated vegetables in a pan, add the cream, and then spread them on the galette before sending them to oven to bake for about 30 mins, or until the crust is baked.
I do brush the crust with some oil for it not to dry during the baking. In addition, it makes it crunchy which I am sure you'll appreciate, won't you?
Do you see how easy and simple this galette recipe is?
When I was making this galette recipe, I had in mind anyone sufferring from gluten intolerance, IBS, and other food sensitivities..
You see, I started this blog to prepare anti-inflammatory recipes based off my own experience with inflammation. It's pain I struggle with on and off, but now that I know the triggers, I am better able to avoid them, and I live a much happier life.
I manage my inflammation best through my diet, choosing nutritious, natural, whole foods for my meals. I do predominantly vegan meals, and always eat clean. This is how I'm able to live pain-free today.
If I can do it, you can, too.
You've all my encouragement. Let's do this anti-inflammation, clean-eating journey together.
Much love to you, Githu.
Grated vegetable galette recipe
- 3 cups homemade gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 11/2 cups warm water
- some little oil to brush on the crust
Topping grated vegetables
- 1 teaspoon curry masala
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- hot pepper (optional)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium zucchini
- tablespoon green banana cream or a thick cream of your choice
- Preheat your oven at 180°
- In a large bowl put the gluten-free homemade flour
- Add salt and bicarbonate of soda
- Add the water with vinegar
- Mix well with a spatula or a spoon. The batter will be thick, but it's not a dough
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel, leave it for at least the time you prepare your grated veggies
Topping grated vegetables
- Grate the vegetables. Mine yield approximatively, 1 cup sweet potato, 1 cup carrot & 2 cups zucchini
- In a large pan bring the curry masala to heat for 1 minute (medium-high heat)
- Add minced garlic, ginger, and diced onion
- Add oil and stir, cover, let the onions cook for 6 mins, keep stirring now and then
- Add salt, stir then add the grated vegetables
- Cooking them for 3-4 mins
- Fold everything with the cream and cut off the heat
Vegan grated vegetable galette
- Assemble the dough, dust your working surface with some flour and gently spread the dough into a large disk or a square...
- You can spread the dough directly on the baking tray
- Use a folk or a knife to prick the flat galette
- spread the cooked grated veggies
- Fold the edges of the galette on the veggies as on the photo
- Gently brush the edges with some oil or some milk.
- Bake for about 30 mins or till the dough turns brownish
- Leave the galette to cool before serving, enjoy it warm.
- Thank you for sharing this recipe with your friends & family, Pin it too.