Burn more calories with this easy pumpkin pancakes recipe! Made with whole ingredients, these buckwheat pancakes are packed with flavor, they're vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free...
Hello my dear, it's November and we're digging deeper in Fall with these pumpkin pancakes. It's pumpkin season perfect season to enjoy pancakes like these gluten-free buckwheat groats pancakes
This pumpkin pancakes recipe is super healthy as it's gluten-free and sugar-free.
I know, you are already wondering how that can be, right?
Don't worry, we aren't making sugarless pumpkin pancakes lol. But rather vegan pumpkin pancakes that are guilty-free, you can have them as often as you want, especially if you want to lose some weight!
These buckwheat pancakes are delicious and will help you burn more energy than classic pumpkin pancakes. You see, you're going to use cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and nutmeg; these spices are going to make your body use more calories to metabolize them.
Easy pumpkin pancakes recipe is using anti-inflammatory ingredients like cinnamon, buckwheat groats, dates, ginger, flax seeds, and turmeric to help you fight inflammation.
Don't forget to check on how to cook buckwheat groats perfectly
Packed with vitamin A, B2, B6, B9, manganese, potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, etc... these pumpkin pancakes are high in fiber to help your body fight diseases and improve your digestion.
How to make pumpkin pancakes recipe
I like making these pumpkin pancakes from scratch using whole ingredients.
- This pumpkin pancakes recipe uses whole buckwheat groats that you will blend into flour. You can sieve the flour, but that's not necessary. These buckwheat pancakes will be generous, dense, and filling.
- We are using some flaxseed to add some omega 3 and proteins to these pumpkin pancakes.
- I use roasted pumpkin instead of store-bought puree.
- If you have a coffee grinder or just using your blender, blend some cinnamon sticks then sieve. You'll never use a store-bought cinnamon powder again! The cinnamon spice is sweet and smells fresh and intense.
- You can also use freshly grounded nutmeg.
- This pumpkin pancakes recipe is sugar-free, so you'll add dates to bring sweetness. You can substitute them with raisins or bananas.
- In a bowl, mix well the blended buckwheat, grounded flaxseeds, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and spices.
- In your blender, blend the pumpkin, dates, vinegar, oil, fresh ginger, turmeric, and milk. Make sure to use coconut milk to have that cake texture.
- Pour the liquid mix on the flour and whisk together.
- Add some more milk if the batter is too thick. Note that buckwheat will soak up the liquid more than wheat flour.
- Cook on a heated skillet or pan. If you are not using a non-stick pan then grease the pan before adding the batter.
These pumpkin pancakes are super delicious, the reason why you should make a batch and store some for future days.
To reheat these buckwheat pancakes place on a baking sheet and turn your oven to 100°, let the pancakes warm up for about 10mins.
Did you see that? you've here an easy pumpkin pancakes recipe that will help your body reduce inflammation as well as help you lose weight! Not forgetting that you'll have a great time enjoying these pumpkin pancakes.
Looking forward to reading from you on how much you love these buckwheat pumpkin pancakes. Till next, please do take care of yourself and your family.
Share this recipe, please.
I love you, Githu.
Get more healthy pancakes recipes
- Make these healthy pancakes with parsnip
- Perfect buckwheat pancakes made with applesauce
- Cornmeal pancakes with apple relish
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
Easy pumpkin pancakes recipe with buckwheat groats
- A high speed blender
- A large bowl
- a non-stick pan
- A spatula to flip
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp grounded flax seeds
- 1-3 cinnamon sticks; blend then take 1 tsp
- some nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- a small piece of fresh ginger (peeled)
- a small piece of turmeric (peeled)
- 8 dates (seeds removed)
- ¾ cup mashy roasted pumpkin
- 1 & ½ cups milk of your choice (coconut is the best choice)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive/coconut oil
- Break down some cinnamon sticks and blend them then sieve. Add 1 teaspoon into the flour
- Blend buckwheat into flour and pour it in a large bowl
- Blend some flax seeds in your blender and get 1 tbsp. Keep the rest in your fridge covered.
- Grate some nutmeg on the flour
- Add salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix evenly everything in the bowl
- Put dates, ginger, turmeric, pumpkin, 1 cup milk, vinegar, & oil in the blender. Blend into smooth
- Add the remaining milk and blend again
- Pour the wet ingredients on the dry and mix gently
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook the pumpkin pancakes till golden then flip
- Once cooked, serve them with a topping of your choice.
- Thank you for sharing this recipe.
- Some dates are more sugared than others, reduce the amount if using Medjool dates for example.
- Don't make a thin batter for better results
- Don't cook these pumpkin pancakes on high heat. They'll burn easily and will not cook in the center
- If using coconut milk, omit the oil as coconut milk is generally high in fat.
- Coconut milk gives these pumpkin pancakes a cake texture, I recommend it.
- Make your cinnamon powder in advance to reduce you a lot of work. Store the freshly grounded cinnamon spice in an air-tight container
- The same thing with flax seeds, blend about 3 tablespoons and save them in your fridge. Add grounded flax into your smoothies, pancakes, yogurts, or just have a tablespoon like that.