This easy pumpkin and broccoli stir-fry is the perfect dinner for those cold evenings at home! It's a mix of different flavors and textures, all blended into a colorful one-pot meal. Loaded with antioxidant properties, this pumpkin & broccoli stir-fry tastes as good as it looks, making a great all-in-one meal.
Hi there, my friends, how are you keeping?
I am writing to you this evening to share this easy pumpkin dinner recipe for you. It's a compilation of several vegetables, legumes, and fruits.
It's with my greatest hope, that you'll love this pumpkin recipe and include it in your weekly meal planner. It packs very well to be a takeaway lunch too.
This easy pumpkin & broccoli dinner needs a bit of prep beforehand. But not to worry; the final taste of the final dish is worth all the cutting and dicing work, trust me.
If you really need a shortcut, use your food processor to shred and cut some of the veggies.
How to Prepare this Pumpkin & Broccoli Stir-Fry
I sauteed the broccoli separately to avoid overcooking them and I wanted to maintain their green color. However, you can cook the broccoli with other ingredients, to make everything easy.
For some protein, I added tempeh and chickpeas, making this dish a filling, one-pot meal. It's also rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins, making it all you need for a filling dinner.
Is Soy Healthy for Your Pumpkin & Broccoli Stir-Fry?
I know you might have questions regarding soy food. To assure you, soy if not GMO, and if it's organically grown has no side effect on our health.
Using certain soy products has been linked to a 30-35% reduction in the risk of thyroid cancer, according to the American Association for Cancer Research. And that's not all. Research articles published by the MDPI journal actually found a link to reduced prevalence of hormone-dependent cancers among people who follow Asian diets rich in soy products. Take a look at the details of what the MDPI found here.
Enjoy this low carb vegan dinner made with pumpkin and broccoli without feeling any guilt. It's filling, healthy, and really delicious.
It's a dinner recipe that you can adapt to the seasons, thus making sure you are always eating enough of vegetables.
I send you my love, hoping to read from you soon in the comments here below. After you finish your meal and you've confirmed how finger-licking good it is, please like and share this recipe.
My love to you, Githu.
Here are some more healthy recipes for you
- Quick sweet potato chili with sauteed broccoli
- Vegan dinner; easy turmeric quinoa recipe
- Juicy oven-roasted vegetables with rosemary
- Simple and delicious vegan bowl
- The best and the healthiest sweet potato recipe
- Perfect brown rice risotto with pumpkins
Easy Pumpkin & Broccoli Dinner recipe
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoon cold-pressed olive or coconut oil
- 1 big carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 root turmeric
- some salt
- 2 cups pumpkins diced
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 head broccoli
- 1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- a handful of dried prunes
- 300 grams tempeh
- 2 cup drained or homecooked chickpeas
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup bell pepper and chili pepper (diced)
- some fresh herbs of your choice
- Clean the vegetables
- Dice the onion, grate the garlic, turmeric, and ginger
- In a pan, bring onions then oil and bring to cooking for 4 mins while stirring now and then on a medium-high heat
- While onions are cooking dice the carrots and cut the broccoli florets, keep the stems to make a broth
- Add to the onions the carrots, stir and cover to cook for 4 mins
- Add ginger, turmeric, garlic, spices, and salt. Stir everything together for 1 min
- Add pumpkins and cook covered for 5 minute
- Bring in the tomatoes & broccoli florets, cook for 3 mins
- Add the mustard sauce, prunes, chickpeas, and tempeh. stir and mix well
- Add the broth and cover. increase the heat till to the boilling point then lower the heat to medium-high
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stir and cut off the heat
- Add diced bell pepper and the red chili. Stir gently and let the dinner to cool
- Before serving garnish with herbs
- Taste and add some salt if need be
- Enjoy your pumpkin dinner. Thank you for being here, please do share this recipe