This colorful cauliflower salad recipe with fresh coconut is so easy to make. You'll love the crunchy cauliflower florets, the roasted cashew nuts, the sweet apple, and the flavor of fresh coconut.
Raw salads aren't only for summer, will you agree with me, my dear friend?
Are you eating enough raw food? They are very essential because they provide you with living enzymes that are often destroyed by heat during cooking.
So enjoy this healthy and nutrient-dense cauliflower salad with fresh coconut. High in vitamin C to help you boost and strengthen your immune system especially during cold days, this cauliflower salad will be one of your favorites.
I have a chance to have found these 3 cauliflowers at the same time and from the same farmer. You can just use the white cauliflower as it's the most available.
However, if you want to bring the purple and green colors into this cauliflower salad, you can add some red cabbage and herbs like parsley, cilantro, mint, or dill.
How to cut cauliflower for this salad
- If you're not using the whole cauliflower, then cut the outer big florets of the cauliflower. Only cut off what you are going to use. The rest of the cauliflower will store well and especially if it still has some leaves on.
- Hold one small head and using a knife cut quite close to the florets. You just need the flower, not the stem. Store the stems to make a vegetable broth.
- If you have time, and if you want to, you can further break down the cauliflower florets by using your hands.
- By breaking the florets, you will allow the dressing to get into every part of the cauliflower.
- Small florets are also more chewable especially if you are introducing someone to eating raw cauliflower salad.
Why you'll love this cauliflower salad
- It's healthy. Made with only whole ingredients, this salad is full of health benefits with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It's simple to make and can store well for a few days in your fridge.
- Breaking cauliflower florets into tiny bites makes the cauliflower easy to chew.
- Adding a lemon dressing tenderize the cauliflower making it delicious
- Apples bring sweetness, while the fresh coconut adds healthy fats and flavor.
- Oregan, pepper, and wild garlic make this salad unique and enjoyable.
If you are preparing this colorful cauliflower salad with fresh coconut as part of meal prep, don't use lemon. It's going to soften the ingredients, and the acidity from the lemon will affect the cauliflower's purple color.
It's better to squeeze the lemon over the salad about 10 mins before serving this cauliflower salad.
My dear friend, I hope you'll love this salad as much as I do. Adapt and customize it to your liking, the importance here is you to eat a healthy nutrient-dense, and a healing salad.
Thank you for being here and supportive, please share this recipe.
I love you, Githu
Get more cauliflower recipes here
- Smoky cauliflower potato salad
- Extra delicious steamed cauliflower
- Summer salad cauliflower rice
- Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe
- Cauliflower mango spiced sauce
Colorful cauliflower salad with fresh coconut
- 1 cup white cauliflower small florets
- 1 cup green cauliflower small florets
- 1 cup purple cauliflower small florets
- 1 medium size bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut flesh (shredded)
- 2 medium size apples (diced)
- a handful of roasted cashew nuts
- 1 small red onion (diced
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano ( optional)
- 1 tsp dry wild garlic (optional)
- a small piece of red pepper (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider)
- pinch of salt
- Bring all the veggies, fruits, and nuts in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, and salt. Mix well to make a vinaigrette
- Pour the vinaigrette on the veggies and fruits in the bowl
- Squeeze the lemon all over and give this salad a good toss
- Let the salad stand for 5 mins, toss again and serve
- I hope you'll love this salad, please share it using the saring buttons
- If you are making this salad ahead of time, don't add the lemon. Add it at least 5-10 mins before serving. Otherwise, you can use other sauce that doesn't contain lemon