This unique non-alcoholic drink is an excellent substitute for wine. The ingredients are macerated, offering you this enriched in antioxidants luxurious red mocktail.
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing through these links, you support the maintenance of this blog, and I thank you for that.
Lovely, would you drink red wine in the morning? Certainly not! But this non-alcoholic drink is perfect for sipping early in the morning.
It's made from red grapes and other superfoods that boast high antioxidants as well as great flavors!
My homemade "red wine" will soon be yours if you make it. It's a guilt-free drink with no sugar added, made only with whole ingredients.
Once upon a time, I loved white wine, then I learned that red wine was much better, then I was pregnant with my baby girl, and I decided to go off the red wine. Ten years later, and I still don't miss alcohol!
Alcohol isn't good for our health, and if you are looking for a suitable substitute rich in healing compounds, then this non-alcoholic drink is the perfect match for you!
Today we are lucky to have alcohol-free options that are just as fun, luxurious, and luscious. While you can choose from various mocktail recipes out there, this non-alcoholic drink will offer you more than just a subtle taste.
This drink has nothing to do with cider or carbonated beverages. It’s unique, with a tangy-spicy sweet flavor, and I chose ingredients high in antioxidants and other healing properties.
The flavors rapture in the mouth. Take a sip, swirl it in your mouth and experience the flavors!
You can serve this mocktail early in the morning to boost your body with antioxidants and kick-start your day. And the cherry on the cake it's kids friendly.
How to make this unique non-alcoholic drink
The process would be like making your own red wine but without alcohol!
- I de-stem, and using a high-speed blender, I blend the red grapes with ginger.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl with enough water.
- Stir them using a wooden spoon.
- I leave the mix to macerate in the cold @ 4°C for 48 hours. (I keep the mix outside since it's winter and very cold). During the hot season, macerate it in your fridge.
- Maceration allows all the beneficial compounds and aromas to be extracted from spices, grapes, and hibiscus.
- 1hr before straining, I squeeze everything with my hands to release as much nutrients and flavors as possible.
- I strain the beverage using a meshed strainer to obtain this velvet red non-alcoholic drink.
Once strained, transfer the drink into a bottle with a lid. Keep this in your fridge for up to 5 days.
For serving, I like drinking this mocktail at room temperature, but try out both chilled and warm to find out when you appreciate it the most.
- Get red hibiscus flowers and not yellow or white.
- Use non-sugared raisins.
- If you love cloves, adding extra gives a more flavored drink.
- Prefer using either black, red, or purple grapes. They're rich in resveratrol and anthocyanin.
I hope you'll enjoy this homemade "red wine." It’s an excellent substitute for drinks with alcohol and stands well on its own. Perfect for celebrating parties and events, make it and impress your guests this Christmas.
Happy holidays to you and yours. Githu.
Non alcoholic cocktail
- Wash the grapes and de-stem them.
- Add the grapes and ginger to the blender with 2 cups of water, and blend.
- Pour the blended mix into a large glass bowl
- Put all the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Add 2-3 cups of water. Stir everything together.
- Leave to macerate for 48hrs in a cold place at 4°C/39°F.
- 1 hour before straining, squeeze the ingredients with your hand to release all the nutrients and aromas.
- Keep this non-alcoholic drink in your fridge for up to 5 days.