You'll love this easy delicious creamy cucumber avocado salad, it's crunchy, simple, and delicious. Serve it as an appetizer to activate your digestive enzymes.
Easy creamy cucumber avocado salad is made with avocados, cucumbers, celery stalk, and leaves, chives, mint, ginger, and a drizzle of lemon.
You'll love this easy delicious creamy cucumber avocado salad for it's so simple and super healthy. Fresh ginger adds a spicy flavor that goes so well with chives and fresh mint.
The lemon is a game-changer in this recipe, I love its zesty flavor and the way it makes this salad taste fresh and light reducing the need to add more salt.
Make sure to get a well-ripened avocado to have a creamy salad. This cucumber salad isn't using any cream, but I mashed a well-ripened avocado. This reduces the amount of oil or need of any cream making this cucumber salad super healthy.
What kinds of cucumber to use for this salad
- This cucumber avocado salad uses mini cucumbers. They are easy to prepare and to mount than big cucumbers because they have less water.
- They're crispy and have a delicate flavor. I find them sweeter than mature cucumbers.
- Mini cucumbers have tender skins compared to mature cucumbers, making this salad enjoyable.
- However, you can use thin mature cucumbers but slice them thinly. In this case, you might need to remove the seeds because you don't want this salad to be watery.
Do I need to peel cucumbers?
- No, in almost all plants, vitamins are mostly found on the skin because that's the part that's in contact with the soil or the sun. So peeling the skin would be like throwing almost all the good nutrients.
- Choose firm dark green cucumbers that are fresh.
- English cucumbers, in general, don't require any peeling as their skin is soft.
Serve this cucumber salad as an appetizer with some bread or make bruschetta for your picnic or indoor parties. If you've to prepare this salad in advance, please, don't salt it as the salt will make it soggy.
I do hope my dear friend, you'll love this easy delicious creamy cucumber avocado salad. If you love it, let me know in the comment below, if you don't like it, I'd love to read your opinion.
Lots of love, my very thoughts of you, hoping you're coping well with the present situation. Remember eating healthy is the key to avoid many ailments that can be caused by lockdown or any other stressful situation.
I love you, Githu.
Add more healthy salads into your menu
- Super delicious black lentils salad
- Sweet beets salad recipe
- Creamy cucumber salad recipe
- Avocado cucumber salad with melon
- Crunchy apple salad with apples
- Easy kale salad with apples & quinoa
- Mung bean healthy salad
- Veggies lettuce wraps
- Mandarin orange salad with parsnip
- Sweet radish salad with grapes
You'll love this easy delicious creamy cucumber avocado salad
- 2 mini cucumbers
- 1 rib of celery
- a few chives
- some fresh mint leaves
- 1 a small piece of ginger
- 1 a well-ripened avocado (big)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Clean your veggies
- Chop the celery rib and the mini cucumbers. (I chopped them diagonaly)
- Chop the herbs, you can add some green celery leaves if you want to
- Grate the ginger
- Open the avocado and either slice it or mash it
- Place all the veggies and the avocado in a salad bowl, and squeeze the lemon all over
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix gently
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- You can serve the cucumber salad as it is
- However, if you've got cooking rings, you can mount this salad in individual servings just for a beautiful representation
- I hope you'll enjoy this cucumber salad, thank you for sharing it. Be blessed.