This is black lentil salad is no doubt the most delicious black lentil salad to make. The best of all lentil salads you've eaten till now! Get my word for it, this black lentil salad recipe is cooked in spices and in vegetable broth instead of just plain water making it so flavorful!
Hi lovely, I am writing to you with very high hopes that you are well.
Summer is here and you must be looking for healthy salads recipes to take to picnics, parties, and brunches (lockdown will not last forever)! I've for you the most delicious black lentil salad to make!
This isn't just another lentils salad that you know, it's packed with flavors and oh my, it's super delicious that you'll regret it if you don't make a batch.
My daughter was like " mama, don't eat your plate, please" after she had 2 spoonfuls of this black lentils salad. That's how promising this lentil salad recipe is...
I made this lentil salad with dry beluga (black) lentils. Black lentils hold well after cooking, making them perfect for lentil salad and especially if you're planning to pack this salad.
How to make this lentil salad recipe
- For a super delicious lentil salad, fry your black lentils in onions, ginger, turmeric, garlic, and spices for some minutes
- Cook your lentils in vegetable broth instead of just plain water to enhance the flavors
- I added some fresh thyme, you can add any other herb
- The lentils will absorb the flavors making them so so yummy
- Once the broth has been absorbed, squeeze half lemon on the lentils and stir
- Let the lentils cool down
- Combine the cooked lentils with well-ripened tomatoes and enjoy yourself...
What health benefits will you get from this black lentil salad
- Lentils are a good source of proteins, iron, calcium, and potassium.
- Beluga lentils do have anthocyanin, an antioxidant that helps your body fight free radicals. This makes black lentils a cancer-fighting food
- These lentils have both soluble and insoluble fibers, which will enhance your bowel movements and also leave you satiated for hours
- You'll get a good amount of vitamin C from tomatoes and lemon. Vitamin C will help you to absorb the iron found in lentils.
- This lentil salad is an anti-inflammatory, with lemon, tomatoes, ginger, and turmeric offering anti-inflammatory properties.
- This lentil salad can help you lose weight as it's low in carbs but high in fiber. Vitamin C also helps in weight loss, if accompanied by exercises.
I believe you'll love this black lentils salad as we do here. You can opt for canned black lentils and fry them too, but I'll not promise you that the taste and flavors will be the same.
Feel free to add more veggies, and let me know how you appreciated this lentil salad.
Blowing you tender loving kisses, I hope you're well considering the circumstances. keep safe, and let's keep healing.
I love you, Githu.
Get more delicious healthy salads here
- Summer salad cauliflower rice
- Mandarin orange with parsnip
- Creamy cucumber salad recipe
- Crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
- Mung bean healthy salad
- Fall healthy salad for weight loss
- Red cabbage salad with beets & oranges
- Smoky cauliflower potato salad
- A kale salad recipe with sun-dried tomatoes
- Creamy butter beans cucumber salad
- Fresh apricot quinoa salad
The most delicious black lentil salad to make
- 2 medium onions
- 1 a piece of fresh ginger
- 1 a piece of fresh turmeric
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon grama masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 2 cups dry black lentils
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- fresh herbs
- a handful of ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup carrot (1 medium size)
- 1 lemon
- Start with cleaning your lentils and leave them to drain all water
- In a pan bring the spice on low-heat as you chop the onions
- Add chopped onions in the spices, add oil and increase the heat to medium-high, stir and cover
- Grate turmeric, ginger, and garlic using a vegetable grater. Add them to the onions and stir
- Cook the onions in spices for 2-3 mins covered
- Bring in the lentils, mix well, add salt and the broth
- Increase the heat till the boiling take place, then reduce to medium-high
- Let the lentils simmer till the broth is absorbed, during that time;
- Shred the carrot and dice the tomatoes and fresh herbs to make a salad
- Add pepper and squeeze the lemon juice on the lentils. Mix gently and let them cool
- Mix the cooked lentils with carrot-tomato salad, mix them gently
- Adjust the seasoning
- Serve this delicious black lentils salad with rice, bread, quinoa, or serve a large serving for a light meal
- Thank you for pinning and sharing this recipe. Let me know if how you appreciated it. Kisses