This quick sweet potato chili with sauteed broccoli is a simple & and easy recipe, a perfect balance of flavors that will leave you wanting for some more!
Hi lovely, how are you? are you hot chili or mild chili? cause with this sweet potato black bean chili you'll have to choose which side you belong to, lol.
You can either make this sweet potato chili recipe with hot chili or mild. But either way, this chili recipe is delicious.
This sweet potato chili is a perfect balance of great flavors, a dish that has anti-inflammatory properties, and a great comfort light meal that will keep your waistline checked.
You'll definitely love it during cold days. It's a wholesome chili recipe you'll need to warm yourself up when you are watching your favorite Netflix movie.
And guess what, this chili recipe is simple and easy to cook, make sure you have some quinoa leftover plus a can of red bean, but you can use any types of beans anyway. I've shown you how to cook quinoa perfectly.
You can replace quinoa with rice, preferring whole rice to white rice for more fiber and minerals.
I opted for sauteed broccoli to add the crunchiness and the fact that you need some green food for their healing properties.
Just sautee some broccoli florets, keep the stems to make a vegetable broth.
You'll love this sweet potato chili because;
- It's deliciously sweet
- It's healthy
- It's good for weight loss
- It has anti-inflammatory components
- It's easy and quick to cook
- It can store well for a few days
Now, my friend, you've all the good reasons to pick this quick sweet potato chili with sauteed broccoli as your favorite. I hope you'll love it as we do love it here.
Happy cooking, enjoy your chili, and please do press the sharing buttons to share.
Loving you, Githu.
Looking for more quinoa recipes?
- Vegan dinner; easy turmeric quinoa recipe
- The best Mediterranean quinoa salad with olives
- Boost your antioxidants with this quinoa breakfast
- Amazing cucumber quinoa salad with tempeh
- Dark chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl
- Vegan buddha quinoa bowl
- Sweet quinoa breakfast bowl
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
- Fresh apricots quinoa salad recipe
Quick sweet potato chili with sauteed broccoli
- 2 medium onions
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato (diced)
- a little amount of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 fresh tomatoes (medium)
- 1 cup broth
- 2 cups beans (a can or homecooked) (a can of 400g)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- a pinch of salt
- ½ fresh chili (seeds removed if you don't want it too hot)
- 2 heads broccoli (about 3 cups of florets)
- bicarbonate of soda
- Clean your veggies
- Get the broccoli florets, keep the stems to make a broth
- In a pan, add oil and broccoli at the same time and put heat on
- Sprinkle with some salt and a dust of bicarbonate of soda
- Sautee the broccoli in medium-high heat for about 5 mins
- Add 2 grated cloves of garlic and cut off the heat. Keep the sauteed broccoli aside
Make the sweet potato chili
- Dice the tomatoes and keep aside
- Chop the onions, grate the turmeric, ginger, and 2 cloves of garlic
- In a pan bring the onion and oil and cook for 4 mins
- During that time, peel and dice sweet potato
- Add grated garlic-turmeric combo and stir
- Add the sweet potato into the onions, stir and cover to cook for 2 mins stirring now and then
- Bring in the tomatoes, stir well and cover to cook for 5 mins then stir
- Add spices, again stir
- Add the broth and bring to boil and cook for 10 mins
- Bring in the rest of ingredients, stir gently and cover to cook for 5 minutes
- Taste to check on the seasoning
- Serve after the chili has cooled a bit. Top with sauteed broccoli.
- Thank you so much for being here, enjoy your sweet potato chili and please share it out
- Bicarbonate of soda will help the broccoli to cook fast and retain their color
- Make sure to add just a little amount and don't over sautee the broccoli, otherwise, they will lose their texture and become too soft
- I use the bicarbonate in powder form
- If you end up with some chili leftovers, just store them in a closed container in the fridge up to 4 days.