Make this super simple and delicious vegan bowl with sauteed mushrooms for your vegan lunch.
Hi, how are you doing dear, I hope things are getting better where you are! Are you getting healthy food because your body needs a lot of vitamins and minerals at this time of stress?
I thought you'd be glad to have a simple vegan bowl dressed with some teriyaki sauce. This vegan buddha bowl will nourish your body giving you a good amount of vitamin C that you need to boost your immune system.
This vegan bowl has both cooked and raw veggies. Raw red cabbage is going to provide you with living enzymes and vitamin C. It adds a crunchy texture as well.
To compose a beautiful vegan buddha bowl, you need to cook some ingredients separately to avoid color mix and also to have different textures and flavors.
But vegan bowl or buddha bowl can also be composed of leftovers of the week, this would be ideal at the end of the week when you want to finish and clean up your fridge.
What I love about the vegan bowl is having a huge serving of different veggies in one meal, it's also very filling that it will take you hours before you feel hungry.
In this teriyaki vegan bowl with sauteed mushrooms, I cooked zucchini and peas together, but you can opt to cook them separately. I slightly sauteed the mushrooms (I don't like very cooked) so adapt this to your liking.
You can cook millet ahead of time. I have shown you how to cook millet the best way.
I used a store-bought teriyaki sauce, I haven't learned how to make a homemade teriyaki but I'll venture into it in the future. But you can go ahead to make your own, daring gourmet has a simple easy recipe you can follow.
However, if you want to buy teriyaki sauce, please read keenly the ingredients.
Enjoy this vegan bowl, don't forget that you can substitute the ingredients, the only thing I'd recommend is you make sure that the veggies portion is big than the starch and/or proteins.
Thank you for sharing and pinning this vegan bowl recipe, many blessings.
My love to you, Githu.
Get more healthy bowls here
Make this super simple and delicious vegan bowl
red cabbage salad
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 clove of garlic
- a small piece of ginger
Zucchini peas stew
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a small piece of ginger
- a piece of turmeric
- 1 tbsp cold pressed oilve oil
- 2 cups chooped zucchini
- 2 cups peas (I used twharted)
- pinch of salt
- 3 fresh spring onion (white and green)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- a handful of mushrooms (wiped to remove the soil)
Rest of ingredients
- 2 cups cooked millet
- some fresh herbs of your choice
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp mustard cream
- Start with the red cabbage salad by mixing all the ingredients and set it aside
- Now make the zucchini stew by dicing the onion
- Grate the ginger, turmeric, and garlic
- In a pan cook the onion in some oil for about 3 minutes in moderate heat
- Add the grated spices and mix well,
- Add the zucchini and mix well, cover and cook for about 4 mins or more
- Add the peas, salt, and pepper, stir everything together and cover these to cook for 2 mins
- Put a side
- Let's saute the mushroms
- In a pan bring the green onions and oil to cook for about 3 mins
- Add the mushrooms after slicing them stir them then cover the pan and leave to cook for 3 mins but don't let the mushrooms give their water
- Remove from the heat add the mustard cream and pepper
- Now you can assemble this teriyaki vegan bowl as in the photo.
- Add with fresh herbs of your choice
- sprinkle the teriyaki sauce evenly and enjoy your vegan bowl
- Thank you so much for being here, please do share this recipe.
- I used fresh small zucchini if you're using a mature zucchini you might want to prolong the cooking time.
- Be careful with the salt because teriyaki sauce is already salted
- If your cooker has several burners you can cook everything simultaneously
- Please note that the mushrooms will shrink during cooking, so have a good bunch of them especially if you love mushrooms; about 2 cups/person uncooked
- I don't measure our veggies because we need to eat a lot of them, so feel free to add more to your satisfaction