Why not add some sweetness to your next meal with this creamy carrot sauce! Made with a hint of spice, this creamy carrot sauce will bring color and flavor to all your classic dishes.
One of the best things about switching to a whole-food diet, is the creativity you have with different foods. There's nothing as delicious as preparing homemade sauces, salads and main dishes from fresh ingredients, made with love!
This is where my passion lies; I love creating healthy food from fresh ingredients, rather than store-bought versions. I'm always on the lookout for ways to make delicious meals from all kinds of antioxidant-rich ingredients. Any food that's natural and anti-inflammatory, I want to know all about it, and get to share the healing benefits with you.
Today, I thought of doing a creamy pasta sauce using carrots, with just a touch of spice to balance the sweetness of the carrots.
Made with a touch of spices, this creamy carrot sauce has fantastic antioxidant properties that will help you in your clean-eating journey.
This creamy carrot sauce adds moisture, flavor and texture to your dishes, especially pasta. Don't be surprised when your family asks for 2nd helpings, and your friends side-chatting you for the recipe.
This creamy carrot sauce is sweet and triply healthy! (I don't know why triply, it just came in my thoughts, LOL).
Adding spices makes this carrot sauce yummy in flavor. I often use only the spices I have in my kitchen, and since this sauce is also for my lovely kids, I omitted hot spices. So be free to add what works for you.
The Nutritional yeast creates a creamy texture and enhances the delicious flavor of the sauce. You can omit it or substitute it with yogurt.
How to Use Your Creamy Carrot Sauce
You can use this carrot sauce in different dishes like rice, quinoa, pasta, or even vegetables. Make more of this vegetable sauce for future use, store it in your fridge for up to 10 days. Remember to store it in an air-tight jar and close it tightly after every use.
So let's make this carrot sauce, and if you can't chop your carrots because of your pain, just cook them whole and cut them when cooked. (Note that it will take longer than diced carrots.)
I hope now you can use carrot sauce to add nutrition into your classic pasta. This is especially perfect for kids who are picky.
Thank you for being here, I wish you a very lovely time, my thoughts to you if you are in pain. Keep on eating well, you'll soon be feeling much better.
My love to you, Githu.
Yummy Creamy Carrot Sauce
- A saucepan
- A Blender
- A knife
- A chopping board
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp cilantro seed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 1 piece of fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp Cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- pinch salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- Clean and dice the carrots, onions, ginger, and turmeric root
- In a saucepan bring all the seeds and let them heat for 1 minute on medium heat
- Add diced onion, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Stir together for 1 minute
- Add oil and stir again and cover the saucepan
- Let the onions cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add salt and cinnamon
- Add the diced carrots and stir, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring now and then
- Meanwhile, boil water in your boiler
- Add the boiling water, stir, and cover to cook for about 6 minutes
- Cut off the heat, add the nutritional yeast, stir and let the carrots cool before transferring into a blender
- Blend into a smooth creamy sauce
- Pour the sauce into a jar, let it cool completely before putting it in your fridge.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of your carrots; if you cut small pieces, then the cooking will be fast.
- Consider the heat too...
Published on December 6 2018-Updated on February 16 2021