Stop eating bitter raw beets! here is the best beets salad recipe for you! It's full of dietary fiber, simple to make, and only using a few ingredients.
Hi lovely, do you like eating raw beet, or are you among those who can't stand its bitterness? Here is the best beets salad recipe for you! I am going to show you how to make a sweet raw beet salad that will make you love eating raw beets salad every time.
This sweet beets salad recipe will blow your mind, it's easy, simple with only a few ingredients. My children have never wanted to eat beets, and I understand them so well; raw beets are somehow bitter!
But with this sweet beet salad, they've both started eating a spoonful or two every time I make it, and they love it. I hope this will encourage you to give this beets salad a try.
Add beetroots in your menu because they can help increase your health if eaten often.
- Beetroots are superfoods, packed with a lot of health benefits that can help you improve your health and also so alleviate some underlying health issues.
- Did you know that beetroot is one among the few vegetables that have betalains? Betalains are bioactive chemicals that confer beets the red and yellow pigments.
- Studies have shown betalains to contain a high amount of antioxidants and anti-inflammation properties, and that makes beetroot to be considered in the treatments of chronic inflammatory diseases such as hypertension, liver disease, arthritis, and even cancer.
- Nitrates in beets improve blood flow, this makes oxygen to be well distributed all over your body.
- Boost your immune system with beets, they're high in copper, zinc, vitamin C & A, which are known nutrients for a healthier immune system.
Can you eat raw beet?
- Yes, you can and you should, because when cooked, beets lose some of their nutrients especially vitamin C, carotenoids, flavonoids, and betalains.
- Beets have a slightly bitter taste, and this will depend from one cultivar to another.
- I've tasted quite bitter beets that are not great when eaten raw. However, I love very mature beets, they tend to have more taste and less bitter than young beets.
- To make a delicious raw beets salad, add some sweetness to counteract the bitter taste, by adding apples, dry apricots, or dates, oranges, or lemon you'll love your raw beets salad.
Sweet beets salad is raw, this makes it high in oxalates; the anti-nutrients that reduce the absorption of certain minerals like iron present in beets. However, adding more vitamin C from orange will help in the absorption of iron.
There we go my dear friend, try this sweet beets salad and call your friends and tell them the good news! you can now eat raw beets... hahaha.
You can serve this beets salad with brown rice, millet, or bread. Serve it as an appetizer or starter just before the main meal.
I love you and please, keep on smiling, my thoughts of you make me happy and I sincerely hope that you're making yourself happy too...
Here are some more healthy salads for you
- Super delicious black lentils salad
- Tomato salad with marinated olives
- Avocado cucumber salad with melon
- Red cabbage salad with beets and orange
- Fall healthy salad for weight loss
- Crunch apple salad with celery and avocado
- Mung bean healthy salad
- Creamy cucumber salad recipe
- Mandarin orange salad with parsnip
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
Here is the best beets salad recipe for you
- vegetable grater
- 2 medium beetroot
- 5-8 dry apricots
- 1 small piece of ginger
- chives or herb of your choice
- ½ orange
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- Clean your veggies
- Shred the beetroots using either a food processor or a vegetable grater
- Chop the dry apricots
- Grate the ginger using the vegetable grater
- Dice the chives
- Squeeze the orange juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl to make a sweet beets salad.
- Enjoy this salad and please do share it.
- Do look for mature beets, I find them less bitter than young beets
- Do get natural dry apricots without preservatives or oil and sugar added on them
- This sweet beets salad goes well with brown rice or bread.
- It'll be perfect as an appetizer before the main meal