Make this blend of colorful healthy vegetable stir fry recipe for a delicious and super light weeknight dinner. It's low in carb, fresh and very simple to make. Spice up your vegetable stir fry for more vibrant flavors.
I love the rainbow colors that come with vegetable stir fry, they're an invitation to clean eating and I bet you too, can't resist them.
A delicious vegetable side dish or serve as your main dish if you are on a weight loss diet. You'll love these juicy oven-roasted vegetables as well.
" Psst! what's a vegetable stir fry, please? "
What's a vegetable stir fry
Oh! a vegetable stir fry is frying veggies in some little amount of oil to create a delicious meal. Normally, it's done over very high heat, but I recommend you fry yours on medium-high heat.
" why so? "
Because very high heat will oxidize your oil, creating free radicals that are the causes of most diseases and inflammation.
How to make stir fry
- First, start by cleaning then cut up your veggies in regular sizes. I know it's not that easy if your hands are in pain. In that case, go for veggies that already cut.
- You'll need a large pan or a wok to stir fry your vegetables.
- I used Indian curry, ginger, and turmeric in this healthy veggie stir recipe, but you can use your favorite spices.
- In a pan add spices, heat them for 1-2 mins then add onions, turmeric, garlic, & ginger. Stir for 1 min then add oil. Stir fry the onions for 3-4 mins before adding the vegetables.
- Choose a vegetable oil that can stand the heat. Olive & coconut oil are good for frying your food. Some oils are very fragile to heat and will oxidize very quickly.
- You'll start with the hard to cook, finishing with quick-cooking vegetables. For example, in this vegetable stir fry, you'll start with cooking butternut and carrots, and finish by adding bell peppers and peas.
What can you put in a veggie stir fly?
Er, you can stir fry almost all vegetables as long as they don't take you too much time to cook them.
However, green vegetables are most used in stir fry than root vegetables.
In this vegetable stir fry recipe I used veggies in season apart from peas. Be free to customize this recipe to your liking.
Is stir fry healthy?
Hmm, that's a good question.
In my opinion, stir-frying vegetables over very high heat in smoked oil and then adding sugared sauces don't seem healthy to me!
But, of course, if you stir fry your vegetables in moderate heat WITHOUT smoking your oil and using a healthy sauce, then your vegetable stir fry will be very healthy.
Why will you love this vegetable stir fry recipe?
- Because it's made with a lot of love ❤, hahaha.
- This veggie stir is healthy and calls for vegetables that are available in your market. If not, please substitute.
- You'll love this vegetable stir fry recipe because you'll eat a lot of veggies.
- You can also cook this recipe as meal prep.
- I am sure you'll love the spicy part of this recipe.
- Because it's low carb and absolutely delicious.
- This stir fry is very delicious, and yours too will be.
Oh, about the sauce!
There we go, you've all the reasons to make this healthy vegetable stir fry recipe for your weeknight meals. Don't forget to customize it to your liking and add what's available in your market.
I do know the difficulties of chopping some veggies like butternut and carrots. If you can't buy them already chopped in the market, then buy frozen ones.
Please do share this recipe, thank you.
My love to you, Githu.
Get more healthy delicious recipes
- Super simple chickpea stew
- Roasted spiced pumpkins with spinach
- Sweet frozen green peas with brown rice
- Celery split pea recipe
- Prune mint sauteed mushrooms with millet
- Lentil curry with rice & split peas
- Savory adzuki beans with scallions
Healthy vegetable stir fry recipe
- 1 teaspoon Indian curry
- 1 tbs fennel seeds
- 3 fresh garlic
- a piece fresh ginger
- 1 fresh turmeric (option)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1 small piece butternut cut in small sticks
- 1 young carrot chopped in batonnets or wedges
- a cup of vegetable broth or water
- pinch of salt
- 3 small branches of fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli florettes
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ zucchini cut into wedges or batonnets
- ½ summer squash cut into wedges
- ½ cup red bell pepper cut into small cuts
- 2 cups frozen peas
- sprinkle of hot pepper like cayenne
- Remove your peas from the freezer
- Clean all your vegetables and cut, dice, & mince, etc
- In a large pan heat the indian curry & fennel seeds for a 1-2 mins
- Bring the minced garlic, ginger, turmeric, and onions and heat for about 2 mins then add oil.
- Stir well, cover and let them cook for 3 mins
- Now bring the butternut sticks, stir and cover to cook for 2 mins. Add the thme and some salt
- Add the carrot, broccoli, and cauliflower, stir, cover. Let them cook for about 8 mins but stir now and then
- Add some vegetable broth don't pour all at once but add little by little if need be.
- Bring in the zucchini, the wedges are very finely cut so that they take only a few minutes to cook.
- Stir everything gently together and cover for 5 mins
- Now add, your peas, bell pepper, cayenne and cover for 5 mins after stirring well
- Fold your cream in, taste for seasoning and cover for a minute or two.
- Voila, your healthy vegetable stir fry is ready
- Enjoy this meal and please do rate and pin it. Thank you in advance.
- This vegetable stir fry can be quick or long to cook depending on the heat and also the size of vegetables.
- Finely chopped veggies will cook fast.