It's gorgeously sweet, soft, beautiful, and absolutely filling. Boost your antioxidants with this quinoa breakfast to kick-start your busy day.
Hellooo, my dear friend, how is it going on your side? Have you taken your breakfast yet, if not so I've got a quinoa breakfast bowl just for you? It's super healthy and delicious, but more so, it'll boost your antioxidants level!
Do you know that antioxidants are what helps us stay young and healthy? And when I mean young I don't necessarily mean having a glowing skin, but rather at the cellular level.
Eating healthy food is a great way to increase your antioxidants, which will help you fight chronic inflammation, prevent diseases, and maintain your youth.
What are antioxidants
- Antioxidants are substances that protect your cell from being damaged by oxidation. There're two types; natural and synthetic (man-made) antioxidants.
- The antioxidants help fight free radicals that can cause harm in your body if their amount is high. They are associated with various diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- Free radicals are reactive chemicals formed after the cell has used oxygen to generate energy. They're naturally formed when you exercise and when your body breakdown your food into energy.
- Free radicals can also be formed when we are exposed to microbial infections, or pollution and toxins such as cigarette smoke, alcohol, UV radiations, pesticides, and ozone.
- Free radicals are generally reactive oxygen species (ROS)
- When there's a high amount of these free radicals, they generate oxidative stress which causes cell damage and hence the occurrence of chronic diseases.
- The antioxidants help in destroying these free radicals creating a balance for better health. They prevent and repair cells damaged by free radicals.
- Your body produces its antioxidants, but facing so many factors that produce free radicals, these antioxidants might not be enough.
- The most important source of antioxidants is provided by nutrition. many coming from vegetables and fruits.
- Vitamin C is the major water-soluble antioxidant and acts as the first defense against free radicals.
Berries are among the highest source of antioxidants, so boost your antioxidant with this quinoa breakfast with berries to start fighting free radicals in your body and maximize your health.
Dark chocolate benefits
Chocolate is made from cocoa beans. It's healthy to eat dark chocolate to acquire the health benefits of cocoa.
- Cocoa contains more phenolic antioxidants than most foods.
- They also have high levels of flavonoids
- Antioxidants in cocoa can influence insulin resistance thus preventing and reducing the risks of diabetes
- Cocoa can protect nerves from injury and inflammation
- It can also protect the skin from UV radiation
Quinoa nutrition is a good source of
- high proteins to keep you satiated
- healthy fats
Learn how to cook quinoa, it's simple and any can make it in a batch for your weekly breakfast.
Can I use frozen fruits?
- Yes dear, just thaw your fruits and keep in mind that they'll shrink since they are going to lose their juice.
- Leaving your frozen fruits to thaw overnight is ideal if you have busy mornings. It's a healthy option instead of cooking the fruits as heat will destroy some antioxidants.
So, now that I've helped you with how to boost your antioxidant with this quinoa breakfast, I am counting on you to give yourself a lovely day, won't you?
Please do share this recipe and give it a note of your appreciation.
Looking forward to reading from you, do leave a comment here below, till next, stay well.
I love you, Githu.
More healthy breakfast for you
- Make this dark chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl
- Sweet quinoa breakfast bowl
- Toasted overnight oats breakfast with mango
- Baked potato breakfast with red fruits
- Healthy millet breakfast with peaches
- Wonderful breakfast bowl of black rice
- Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Vegan overnight oats breakfast with persimmon fruit
Boost your antioxidants with this quinoa breakfast
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups plantbased milk
- some raspberries
- some strawberries
- some red currants
- 3 pieces dark chocolate (the healthy is 75% and above)
- In a bowl mix the cooked quinoa with milk and mix well
- Serve the quinoa in small breakfast bowls
- garnish with the fruits
- Using a knife chop the chocolate, if not use some chocolate nibs
- Now enjoy your quinoa breakfast to boost your antioxidants
- I give you my love, please share and rate this recipe.