Protect your body from falling sick by boosting your immune system with this Fall salad. It's full of crunchiness and great flavors from apples, radishes, and fennel.
Will you agree with me that Autumn is the season you'll find varieties of veggies? I believe it's the best season to eat a lot, and I mean A LOT of raw veggies salads, like in this autumn salad.
Hi, hi, lovely, am checking on you today with the hope that you're doing good.
Raw veggies are loaded with minerals and vitamins to help you boost your immune system. They proffer enzymes that can help repair and heal your gut. They also contain antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties.
The best way to heal is by eating a lot of veggies (if your gut is compromised, opt for well-cooked veggies instead). Raw veggies will also quicken your weight loss.
This Fall salad is a mixture of apples, radishes, fennel, cabbage, and more. I used olive oil and lemon as dressing, just keeping simple are healthy.
Nutritional value of this Fall salad
This simple Fall salad is simple to assemble. All you need are the veggies in season, and you're ready to go.
In this simple Fall salad, you'll get minerals such as:
- and lots of Vitamins C, A, E, K, and B6, etc
- lots of fiber.
Did you know that Juniper berries are known the help in healing rheumatism?
Well, I thought you might want to know that.
Juniper berries taste really good raw, so I love adding them to my salads.
In this autumn salad, you don't have to care much what goes with what! just mix them up, lol. It's that simple. This autumn salad is really good for you and your Intestinal bacteria, which are working hard for you.
You know, each bite of veggies and fruits you eat is not only for you. The veggies contain fiber that you can't digest. However, your bacteria will feed on it, and as a result, the bacteria will improve your overall health.
Additionally, they'll help you improve your digestion. There is a beautiful commercial transaction going on here: "you feed us, and in exchange, we help you maintain your good health."
So let's head up to the kitchen to prepare this simple autumn salad. Make sure you check out some of my mayo-free dressings that will go along with this Fall salad. For more salad options, check these out too.
- Sweet Radish Salad with Fresh Coconut
- Easy Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- Simple Refreshing Mixed Green Salad
Simple Fall salad
- 1 small fennel bulb ( shredded or sliced into small pieces)
- 1 cup chopped white cabbage or shredded
- 10 pieces red radishes (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (diced or grated)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 small piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 10 juniper berries
- 2 small green pears (cut into pieces)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbs cold pressed olive oil
- cayenne pepper (option)
- 1 lemon
- Add all the veggies, juniper berries, and pear into a salad bowl
- Add the olive oil
- Squeeze the lemon all over the ingredients
- Using salad spoons, mix the salad thoroughly
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can eat this raw autumn salad as an entree or with a piece of chicken. Serve it with brown rice/quinoa/buckwheat