These juicy oven-roasted vegetables with rosemary are simple to prepare, tender and packed with a lot of flavors and textures.
Hi my dear, what about enjoying a plateful of deliciousness with these oven-roasted vegetables perfumed with rosemary?
Please say yes, because they are so so delicious. A finger-licking dish that will leave your family agreeing on one thing;
How delicious this recipe is!
The vegetables are delicately roasted to tenderness, spiced with Indian curry, sumac, and fresh rosemary.
Then the oven-roasted vegetables are drizzled with cold-pressed olive oil and fresh lemon to create a real luscious savory dish.
Don't forget to roast a handful of garlic cloves along with veggies, they take these roasted veggies into another level.
How to roast vegetables in the oven
- Make a good choice of the vegetables that you want to roast. Go with the season for fresh and budget-friendly veggies.
- Clean the veggies, avoid peeling them as you'll lose a lot of vitamins by doing so.
- Cut the vegetables. I cut huge zucchini while my potatoes are thinner. This is because the potatoes will take longer to cook than the rest of the veggies.
- If you're roasting tomatoes, leave them whole even if they are big. This will prevent them from giving too much of their juice away.
- Make sure your oven is well hot before you put the vegetables to roast.
- Oil the baking sheet and splash some spices on top.
- Place the prepared vegetables in one single layer (do not overlap otherwise you'll steam the veggies instead of roasting them).
- Sprinkle with some more spices and salt.
- Add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano. Avoid fresh herbs like basil or cilantro as they'll be burned and not give you their flavors. However, you can add them at the end when the veggies are roasted.
- Roast your vegetables at 180°C that's about 392°F... Don't roast your food at very high degrees as some unhealthy chemical reactions can occur.
- Once the roasted vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool a bit, but appreciate them when they're still hot.
These juicy oven-roasted vegetables with rosemary are enough for our meal. We don't add anything as potatoes are high in carbs and there's enough dietary fiber to leave us satiated.
That's pretty much of it, my friend, you don't have a lot of work to do, but, you'll enjoy one of the most delicious roasted vegetables out there.
What to do with leftovers
- If you have leftovers, and if the temperatures of your kitchen aren't high (hot) you can leave the roasted veggies in the cooled oven to be eaten the following day. Just reheat them.
- If not, then store in the fridge for a day or two, just note that leftover potatoes do change their flavor and texture.
Hopefully, you'll be roasting veggies soon now that you have this recipe. Please note it as you comment, and share it out.
Blowing you kisses, Githu.
Get more healthy recipes here
- The best and the healthiest sweet potato recipe
- Seasoned oven-baked potato wedges with onions
- Turmeric mung bean recipe
- Healthy vegetable stir fry recipe
- Garlic roasted red potato recipe
- Spicy carrot zucchini pasta
- Frozen string beans recipe
Juicy oven roasted vegetables with rosemary
- 2 big potatoes
- 1 big zucchini
- some few tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 shallots or onions
- 2 garlic bulb
- 1 tsp Indian spice or hot spice of your choice
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- 1 tbsp oregano or basil (dry)
- 2 tbsp non-hydrogenated olive oil
- some salt
- dust of freshly grounded black/white pepper
- some fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon
- Heat your oven @ 200°C
- Clean your vegetables
- Cut them in desired shapes and sizes
- Leave the tomatoes whole
- Using a pastry brush, brush some olive oil on your sheet pan, sprinkle some spices, herbs, and salt
- Layout the vegetables in a single layer
- Sprinkle again with some herbs, spices, salt and, gently pour some olive oil
- Put the vegetable to roast and reduce the heat to 180°C
- Roast for 20mins, insert a sharp knife in one of the hardest vegetables to check the cooking. If the knife goes through then cut off the heat and remove the veggies out of the oven if not so prolong the roasting
- Let the roasted vegetables cool a bit before serving, pour the remaining olive oil and squeeze the lemon all over the vegetables
- For us, this roasted vegetable recipe is already enough to be a meal on its own. I serve some green raw salad before to ensure we are eating raw food too.
- Thank you for being here, please rate and share this recipe.