Have this amazing healthy sweet potato breakfast with wild blueberries to kick start your day. A perfect low carb, vegan and gluten-free breakfast.
Hi dear, I hope your day is going on well. It’s warm here for the month of December! We have leaves everywhere carpeting our roads, it’s the beauty of Falls.
Am sharing with you today this delicious sweet potato-pumpkin breakfast. I love sweet potatoes. I remember as grew up in Kenyan savanna highlands, we used to bake them in hot ashes for breakfast. But the best part was just chewing some while we were picking them with soil on!
In Kenya, I was only used to white sweet potatoes, which in my opinion are much sweeter than the other varieties I have tasted so far. It was a total surprise to find that there’re different varieties of sweet potato. I just discovered this year the purple sweet potato, considered to contain the most antioxidants.
Besides being known for their health benefits, Sweet potatoes are filling. You just need a little amount to carry you for hours. They're versatile too, you can eat them in different forms.
To make this amazing healthy sweet potato breakfast with wild blueberries you just need to cook the sweet potato in a pan with some spices then mix it with some pumpkin sauce, before topping with wild blueberries and pomegranate.
This sweet potato recipe is easy and simple, take roughly 15 mins and it will keep you satiated for hours.
Here I used pumpkin homemade sauce, to add flavor and moisture. You can substitute this with yogurt or coconut cream.
For fruits, you can add your favorites or what's in the season. Feel free.
This sweet potato breakfast is loaded with vitamin A, high Antioxidants, vitamin C, Calcium, and Magnesium. A healthy breakfast to help you fight inflammation throughout the day while strengthening your bones.
Wishing you a beautiful time wherever you're reading me from and I hope you'll be making this amazing healthy sweet potato breakfast with wild blueberries soon.
Much love, Githu.
Amazing healthy sweet potato breakfast with wild blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp diced ginger
- 2 cups sweet potato (diced into cubes)
- 1 tbs cold-pressed olive oil
- ½ tbsp coconut cream
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (thawed)
- some pomegranate arils
- salt to taste
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into small cubes.
- In a small pan, put in the cinnamon, ginger, and let it heat for a minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes and olive oil, stir and cover for 2 mins
- Add the coconut cream with pumpkin sauce, add salt, stir and cover
- Simmer for about 7 mins or so. They should be firm.
- If you wish to warm your berries, go ahead, but in low heat to preserve the vitamins. to your taste.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and let them cool
- Serve and top with the blueberries berries and arils
- Enjoy your breakfast and have an excellent day.
- Thank you for sharing and pinning this recipe