Super Simple Chickpea Stew
A very delicious and super simple chickpea stew that your family will love
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp spices of your choice
- 2 medium carrots
- a bunch of green leeks (about 4 leeks)
- 1 cup cooked chickpea
- ½ cup vegetable broth or boiling water
- ⅔ cup creamy carrot sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs Cold pressed olive oil
- dust of bicarbonate soda.
- ground black pepper
In a pan heat the spices of your choice on low heat as you mince the garlic.
Bring the minced garlic, add the olive oil and stir. cover
Chop the leek's green and add them in the pan, raise heat to high, stir, sprinkle with bicarbonate (JUST A LITTLE) stir again, and then cover. Cook for 5mins stirring now and then
After 5mins, bring in the diced carrots. Stir, and cover for 2 mins
Add the broth or boiling water and let it cook for about 8 mins. If you are using bicarbonate, the cooking time will reduce.
Add the creamy carrot sauce and stir in for 1-2 mins.
Remove from the fire, add salt, ground black pepper, and mix everything well.
Thank you for pining and sharing this recipe
- Seriously, I don't weigh veggies. We eat them alone as our main meal sometimes. So use as many leeks and carrots depending on your appetite, Number of people you're cooking for, etc.
- To chop veggies without a lot of hassle, use a sharp chef knife. Small knives will always demand more effort when chopping something hard, which can cause pain in your joints.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg