Protein-rich vegan smoothie
Enjoy a healthy breakfast with this protein-rich vegan smoothie. It's nutritious living you full for some hours.
Portions: 3 glasses
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup mix of roasted peanut beans & pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 4 well ripen apricots (seeds removed)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 2 cups plant-based milk or water
First blend the seeds and the nuts into powder form
Add the rest of the ingredients starting with zucchini in the blender and blend into a creamy smoothie
You can add some more milk/water if you find the smoothie too thick
Serve immediately and top with some cherries
You can store this smoothie for a day in the fridge, so if you have busy mornings, it would be okay to prepare it the night before, though that will alter the texture
Thank you for sharing and pining this recipe. many blessings to you.
- Different kinds of milk will yield different tastes. Coconut, for example, will give a creamier smoothie than soy milk.
- Make sure your apricots are well-ripened, otherwise the smoothie will not be as sweet.
- You can replace peanut beans with nuts of your choice.
- Roasted nuts will yield a nutty flavor compared to non-roasted or soaked nuts.
- Try this smoothie with milk and then with water to find which one you'll appreciate the best.
- I love you.