This easy pumpkin dinner recipe is terrifically good! It's a mix of different flavors, textures, and tastes embedded in one meal.
Dear friend, I am writing to you this evening to let you know that I've created the perfect easy pumpkin dinner recipe for you. It's a compilation of several vegetables, legumes, and fruits.
It's with my greatest hope, that you'll love this pumpkin recipe and include it in your weekly meal planner. It packs very well to be a takeaway lunch.
This easy pumpkin dinner recipe with broccoli might demand you a bit of cutting and dicing, but believe me, the result is worth the work. You can, however, use your food processor to shred and cut the veggies.
I sauteed the broccoli apart to avoid overcooking them and I wanted to maintain their green color. However, you can cook the broccoli with other ingredients, to facilitate your work.
This easy pumpkin recipe with broccoli is high in proteins from tempeh and chickpeas. You have a high amount of dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins, which makes this recipe a whole meal on its own.
Is soy healthy?
I know you might have questions regarding soy food. To assure you, soy if not GMO, and if it's organically grown has no side effect on our health.
In some studies on soy, it was concluded that;
"In general, a reduction in thyroid cancer risk of 35 to 55% was associated with increased consumption of nonfermented traditional and nontraditional soy-based foods and sprouts. Consumption of foods with added soy flour or soy protein was not associated with risk." from the American Association for Cancer Research.
"Isoflavones (IF) such as genistein are cancer-preventive phytochemicals found in soy and other legumes. Epidemiological studies point to a reduced risk for hormone‑dependent cancers in populations following a typical Asian diet rich in soy products" MDPI
Enjoy this low carb vegan dinner made with pumpkin and broccoli without feeling any guilt. It's filling, healthy, and very delicious.
It's a dinner recipe that you can adapt to the seasons, thus making sure you are always eating enough of vegetables.
I send you my love, hoping to read from you soon in the comments here below. Please, after you finish reading this letter, share this recipe, thank you.
My love to you, Githu.
Here are some more healthy recipes for you
- Quick sweet potato chili with sauteed broccoli
- Vegan dinner; easy turmeric quinoa recipe
- Juicy oven-roasted vegetables with rosemary
- Simple and delicious vegan bowl
- The best and the healthiest sweet potato recipe
- Perfect brown rice risotto with pumpkins
Easy pumpkin dinner recipe with broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive or coconut oil
- 1 big carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 root turmeric
- some salt
- 2 cups pumpkins diced
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 head broccoli
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- a handful of dried prunes
- 300 grams tempeh
- 2 cup drained or homecooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup bell pepper and chili pepper (diced)
- some fresh herbs of your choice
- Clean the vegetables
- Dice the onion, grate the garlic, turmeric, and ginger
- In a pan, bring onions then oil and bring to cooking for 4 mins while stirring now and then on a medium-high heat
- While onions are cooking dice the carrots and cut the broccoli florets, keep the stems to make a broth
- Add to the onions the carrots, stir and cover to cook for 4 mins
- Add ginger, turmeric, garlic, spices, and salt. Stir everything together for 1 min
- Add pumpkins and cook covered for 5 minute
- Bring in the tomatoes & broccoli florets, cook for 3 mins
- Add the mustard sauce, prunes, chickpeas, and tempeh. stir and mix well
- Add the broth and cover. increase the heat till to the boilling point then lower the heat to medium-high
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stir and cut off the heat
- Add diced bell pepper and the red chili. Stir gently and let the dinner to cool
- Before serving garnish with herbs
- Taste and add some salt if need be
- Enjoy your pumpkin dinner. Thank you for being here, please do share this recipe